Thursday, January 9, 2014

Summer Mission Trip

Hey everyone. I'm investigating summer mission trips and I wanted to update you on the progress.

This is the first year since I began working as the Youth Director for St. Mark's that a conference-wide summer mission trip has not been offered. Therefore I've been delving into the world of mission trip planning. The first thing I've discovered, the options are endless! Our destination is only limited by our imaginations (and finances, and our willingness to fly/drive)! The second thing I've discovered, I should have started planning this in July of last year... I could spend a month just wading through all of the options.

After many many hours of research I believe I've settled on a trip to Cincinnati, OH. Cincinnati has many opportunities to help with community projects, including shelters, food banks and children's programs. The week would be July 20th-25th (19th to 26th with travel days). The city also has many sights and fun things to do.

What do you think?

Rob



No comments:

Post a Comment